YOGA TEACHER TRAINING: Erin is on the faculty of Mudra Yoga Studio’s teacher training program, offering training in yoga history and philosophy. The next training starts on May 29, 2019.
Yoga Alliance Registered 200-Hour Teacher Training- Shakti Revealed: Experience, Embody, Expand with Tracey Lanham and Heather Lindemann at Mudra Yoga Studio Pearl Street.
This four month, intensive study will link the ancient traditions and history of yoga with the wisdom and grace of energetics. Mudra Yoga Studio’s Shakti Revealed will be a unique, one-of-a-kind yoga teacher training geared for yoga practitioners looking to deepen their practice. You are welcome to take the teacher training track (which will certify you to teach yoga) or the immersion track (which will deepen your study and practice). This training will be accessible for any level of yogi or yogini and the teacher training track is Yoga Alliance Certified.
Yoga is so much more than the practice of yoga postures. Dive deeper into Yoga with this monthly multimedia lecture and discussion series. All levels of practitioner are welcome, including yoga teachers who want to expand their knowledge.
Philosophy Talks at Mudra Yoga Studio Pearl Street and via Zoom Conferencing are on hiatus until the Fall of 2019. You can purchase video recordings of any of the previous talks by contacting Hatha Yoga with Erin or Mudra Yoga Studio.
Video recordings are available for:
• How did we get to our mats? Explore the origins of yoga. Examine key concepts and passages in The Vedas, the earliest text. Consider cultural appropriation and how we can be respectful in our practice. (September 2018)
• Explore Yoga’s ancient history, focusing on key concepts and passages in The Upanishads. Learn about Vedanta, the philosophy based on the Upanishads. Examine how this philosophy inspired New Thought (Ancient Wisdom), a spiritual movement in the West that includes Divine Science and Religious Science. (October 2018)
• Explore the ascetic traditions of Buddhism and Jainism. Examine how these traditions developed alongside yoga and still influence our practice today. (November 2018)
• Explore the embodied practice of Tantra. Compare and contrast Tantra with the ascetic traditions of Buddhism, Jainism and Patanjali’s Yoga. Examine why Tantra is most often associated with sex along with your own views on yoga and sexuality. (January 2019)
• Is instant Karma gonna get you? Explore the concepts of Karma, Karma Yoga and reincarnation. (February 2019)
• What is the goal of yoga? Explore the concepts of enlightenment, bliss and liberation. (April 2019)
Scheduled for September 2019: Strong as an Elephant: Yogic Powers. Listen to stories about yogic powers. Consider whether powers are a help or a hindrance on your yogic path. Free for members of Yoga Teachers of Colorado.
Look for the following Philosophy Talks to be scheduled for the fall:
The Yoga Epics, Part 1. Bhagavad Gita’s backstory: listen to stories from the epic Mahabharata along with stories about Krishna.
The Yoga Epics, Part 2. Get an overview of the Ramayana and listen to stories about Hanuman, Rama and Sita’s devoted monkey helper.
Investment for in-person talk or video: $30 OR $25 per workshop if registered 2 weeks prior. $15 for Mudra Yoga teacher training graduates and current teacher trainees.