Hatha Yoga with Erin was founded by Denver yoga teacher Erin Mathiason. With 22+ years and thousands of hours yoga teaching experience, Erin Mathiason is recognized by Yoga Alliance as an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT200) and a Continuing Education Provider (YACEP).
Erin is certified as a:
• Hatha Yoga Instructor in the Day-Star Method, a classical hatha yoga style, with hundreds of hours of Anusara Yoga training (including teacher training level 1)
• SilverSneakers® Yoga instructor
• Tai Chi instructor, trained in Taiji Fit, SilverSneakers Enerchi and Tai Chi: Moving for Better Balance
• Level 1 – Trauma Informed Yoga instructor
• Holistic Health Practitioner, with extensive energy work training
• Laughter Yoga Leader
Erin has extensive training in Yoga philosophy, including hundreds of hours of study with Dr. Douglas Brooks. She completed Embodied Philosophy’s Yoga Philosophy 300-hour Online Training & Certification. She has studied and taught the Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita, Tantra philosophy and more.
Erin is also:
• Publisher of the weekly Denver yoga calendar, YOUR listing of yoga, meditation, sound healing and Kirtan events and workshops (on hiatus during the pandemic)
• Part of the Mudra Yoga Studio Yoga Teacher Training faculty, teaching Yoga philosophy and history (studio closed in December 2019)
• A Past President of Yoga Teachers of Colorado
• Currently writing a book on the contemporary history of American yoga
• Currently creating Wise Body Yoga: a 30-hour program on how to teach yoga to older adults
Erin finds joy in practicing and teaching yoga and tai chi, but also in curling up with a good book (usually nonfiction narrative) or a documentary. She also enjoys NPR, walking, and taking all kinds of workshops (and has a fascination with tiny houses, although she’ll likely never live in one).