Hatha Yoga with Erin was founded by Denver yoga teacher Erin Mathiason. With 23 years and thousands of hours yoga teaching experience, Erin Mathiason is recognized by Yoga Alliance as an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT200) and a Continuing Education Provider (YACEP).
Erin is certified as a:
• Hatha Yoga Instructor in the Day-Star Method, a classical hatha yoga style, with hundreds of hours of Anusara Yoga training (including teacher training level 1)
• SilverSneakers® Yoga instructor
• Tai Chi instructor, trained in Taiji Fit, Medical Qigong, SilverSneakers Enerchi and Tai Chi: Moving for Better Balance
• Level 1 – Trauma Informed Yoga instructor
• Holistic Health Practitioner, with extensive energy work training
• Laughter Yoga Leader
Erin has extensive training in Yoga philosophy, including hundreds of hours of study with Dr. Douglas Brooks. She completed Embodied Philosophy’s Yoga Philosophy 300-hour Online Training & Certification. She has studied and taught the Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita, Tantra philosophy and more.
Erin is also:
• the past publisher of the weekly Denver yoga calendar,
• Part of the Mudra Yoga Studio Yoga Teacher Training faculty, teaching Yoga philosophy and history (studio closed in December 2019)
• A Past President of Yoga Teachers of Colorado
• Currently writing a book on the contemporary history of American yoga
• Currently taking the Radiance Sutras 200-hour Instinctive Meditation Teacher Training
Erin finds joy in practicing and teaching yoga and tai chi, but also in curling up with a good book (usually nonfiction narrative) or a documentary or romantic comedy. She also enjoys NPR, walking, and taking all kinds of workshops (and has a fascination with tiny houses, although she’ll likely never live in one).