Hatha Yoga with Erin was founded by Denver yoga teacher Erin Mathiason. With 20+ years and thousands of hours yoga teaching experience, Erin is recognized by Yoga Alliance as an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT200) and a Continuing Education Provider (YACEP).
Erin is certified as a:
• Hatha Yoga Instructor in the Day-Star Method, a classical hatha yoga style, with hundreds of hours of Anusara Yoga training
(including teacher training level 1) and extensive training in Yoga philosophy
• SilverSneakers® Yoga (and SilverSneakers® Classic) instructor
• Taiji Fit and Tai Chi: Moving for Better Balance instructor
• Holistic Health Practitioner, with extensive energy work training
• Laughter Yoga Leader
Erin is also:
• A freelance writer, publishing the weekly Denver yoga calendar, YOUR listing of yoga, meditation, sound
healing and Kirtan events and workshops
• A Past President of Yoga Teachers of Colorado
• Currently writing a book on the contemporary history of American yoga
Erin finds joy in practicing and teaching yoga and tai chi, but also in curling up with a good book (usually nonfiction narrative) or a documentary. She also enjoys NPR, walking, and taking all kinds of workshops (and has a fascination with tiny houses, although she’ll likely never live in one).